Got Questions? Got Questions? We've got answers, call 1300 786 773


Have some questions? Our FAQ has got the answers.

Showing 125 FAQs, All categories

Where do you get the furniture in your display homes?

Most of the furniture in our display homes is from Guest Hire; however, we do source unique items from various retail stores such as Ikea, as well as vintage stores. 

Who can you recommend for landscaping?

We don't supply landscaping services, however, we are more than happy to recommend a local supplier that will suit your requirements. Ask your Site Manager to provide you with the contact information for a recommended landscaper. 

How much do you spend on landscaping for a display home?

On average, landscaping at one of our display homes costs $85,000-$95,000 per home. The cost is largely attributed to us having to purchase established trees and plants to get a stunning effect from day one. 

What does the 6-star energy rating mean?

Most of our homes comply with 6-star energy efficiency. However, due to structural changes that our customers make, sometimes they no longer comply and other items need to be included such as double-glazing on windows, insulation and special doors to ensure your home complies with a 6-star rating.

Do you cater for feng shui in your home designs?

We often receive requests for design changes that encompass feng shui principles. Please speak to your sales consultant who will discuss what's possible with your chosen home design.

What are ‘standard inclusions’?

Standard inclusions are fixtures and features that are included in the price of your new home. Any of these items can be upgraded to meet your lifestyle and budget. These upgrades can be chosen and ordered at your Studio M appointment. 

Why are downpipes placed to the front of the facade?

As per building regulations, downpipes are placed every 12 lineal metres around the home.

What's recycled water?

Recycled water is mostly used for watering the garden and flushing toilets. It may be available if you are building in an estate but you may need to arrange for it to be connected to your home. 

What are fibre optic cables?

Fibre optic cables provide the new communication infrastructure in your home. Depending on your estate requirements, they may or may not be required. This will be discussed at you appointment with our electrical team. 

Can I have heated floors?

Heated floors are available depending on your build region, together with many floor covering options. Ask your New Home Advisor for more information. Please be aware this will be considered an upgrade option and will be an additional cost.

Do you supply polished concrete?

We don't currently offer polished concrete floors.

How will I know if my fridge fits in the fridge cavity?

We build our homes with a generic fridge in mind; however, there are many shapes and sizes available (including double door fridges), which may mean your fridge will not fit in the space we have built. Please provide your fridge dimensions to your sales consultant if you have an existing fridge that you want to use in your new home. Otherwise please refer to your plans and ensure you purchase a fridge which will fit within the dimensions provided.

Why do internal garage doors swing into the house?

The door opening inwards allows more space in the garage for your vehicles.

Can I extend my garage?

Usually yes, however this is dependent upon a number of factors including block size, building regulations and other issues. Check with your sales consultant for more information.

Can I use any staircase from the display homes in my home?

Unfortunately, not all staircases will fit in every home. Speak to your sales consultant to pick the best staircase for your home design and budget. 

Can ducted range-hoods be made external?

Yes, this is an upgrade item. The current ‘standard’ on our homes is to duct the range-hood into the roof space.

What is the difference between product categories?

When you look through the standard inclusions in your home or attend your StudioM appointment, you will realise that some products have multiple categories (for example, bricks). The price of the product will be determined by the category to which these products fall which is why we rank them into categories.

In addition some products are made from more expensive materials that are harder or more expensive to source. For example, brown bricks have a natural material in them which creates the darker colours. This then makes them more expensive due to their manufacturing requirements so they might be a Category 2 as opposed to a whiter brick that’s Category 1.

For more information around the specifics, speak to your sales consultant. 

Do you build ‘smart’ homes?

You will have the option of upgrading your home to be more energy efficient, upgrading to a CBUS system or have pre-wiring done for your future home theatre system. These upgrades are available to you during your customisation phase.

What are the benefits of COLORBOND®?

COLORBOND® roofing is versatile, lightweight and durable, plus it comes in 22 colours to give you the ability to create the ideal look and feel of your home. For more benefits of COLORBOND® visit the COLORBOND® website.

What are the benefits of roof tiles?

There are lots of profile and material variations in tile roofing, depending on the look you are trying to achieve. They are available in terracotta, colour-through and colour-on tiles, different profiles (flat or curved) and have better acoustic performance. For more benefits of tile roofing, visit the Boral website.

What is a soil report?

A soil report is a report based on a series of soil samples taken from your block of land. By testing the soil in various locations it enables our engineers to classify your soil type and provide the appropriate footing system for your home.

Do you build on a block with a slope?

Our designs are not engineered to be built on a block that has a fall greater than 3m. We can undertake an assessment that may enable us to build on your block; however, significant adjustments may need to be made.

Please discuss your specific needs with your sales consultant and they will be able to investigate what is possible for your block.

What is the driveway gradient?

A gradient of 1:6 is desired. However, we will do 1:5 as well.

What are 'developer approval guidelines'?

Developer approval guidelines are set by the developer of an estate to ensure every home built within the estate has a consistent look and feel. Your developer guidelines can affect your façade colour selections and material selection.
Read Understanding developer guidelines fact sheet (PDF, 56kb)

How do I maintain my block of land?

For us to build on your block of land, you will need to clear any rubbish or vegetation before we start. It is a good idea to keep your block maintained to ensure there isn’t a lot of work required just before site start. You may decide on getting a temporary fence to keep people from dumping rubbish in your block; however, please ensure the fencing company does not remove any title pegs.

Why is maintaining my block of land important?

When you maintain your block, it means when we have completed the administration stage we will be able to get to the construction phase much sooner. If you do not maintain your block, it could take few weeks for you to remove rubbish, cut grass and get your boundaries identified, all of which could delay the start of your build.

What's a 'community infrastructure levy'?

Homeowners may be required to pay a community infrastructure levy (CIL) to support funding of the community facilities required for the residents of a defined area. This applies most commonly to new estates and is governed by the developer of the land and the council in which your block is situated.

These community facilities include local preschools, maternal and child health centres, community halls/multi purpose buildings, and other recreation facilities. Check with your local council to see what CIL you will need to pay.

Why won't you build in a FZ (flame zone)?

This area is too high of a fire risk.

How do I reduce my BAL rating?

If your property is located in a bushfire prone area, your sales consultant will include an item in your estimate advising that your home will need to be constructed to a minimum of BAL 12.5.

BAL refers to the Bushfire Attack Level and has been devised to improve the ability of a building to withstand a bushfire attack.

This BAL may change once an on-site assessment is completed. The types of products you choose for your home including front door, garage door, tiled roof may reduce your BAL. 

Who do you use for demolition?

We don't provide demolition services, but we do work closely with local demolition partners to ensure a quality level of service. We will work directly with them to ensure requirements are met to allow us to commence building on your block. Your sales consultant will be able to provide you with more information about the demolition supplier we use in your region. 

What town planning consultants do you use?

We work closely with town planning consultants to ensure the process of building a home is streamlined and project managed as part of our service. If you require specific information on who we use in your council, please speak to your sales consultant. 

What is the town planning process?

This will depend on what type of town planning is required and varies according to regulations. For example, building a duplex in the inner city suburbs will have a different town planning process to building a single storey home in a regional area.

What is an arborist report?

This is a report that is usually associated with town planning applications and involves an assessment completed by an arborist (or tree specialist) that outlines potential hazards. For example, trees that are likely to cause damage to structures of a home and impact upon the landscape and character of the site.

We can arrange an arborist report for you for an additional fee if it is a requirement of your permit, or you can arrange one yourself.

Do you use septic tanks?

If your land is not sewered and you require a septic tank, there are a few options. We can provide you with a quote to have this incorporated into your contract, or you can choose to do this yourself.  If you choose to do this yourself, we will need to have your septic tank permit prior to us applying for the building permit and you must complete the works before we start on site.

What is a soakage pit?

Soakage pits are used when there is no storm-water discharge point available on your property. Soakage pits are not part of the standard inclusion and additional costs will be included in your contract if you require these. The number and location of the soakage pits all depends on the soil type and will need to be designed by an engineer.

What is a feature survey?

A feature survey is a detailed report that reflects your boundaries, services, levels, structures and other important details.

Who are my key contacts in the building process?


Your key contacts throughout the pre-site process (before your home starts being built) will be:

  • Sales Consultant: who will work with you to find the right home for your lifestyle and budget
  • Customer Support Coordinator: is your main point of contact throughout the pre-site journey of your new home. They will conduct the preliminary (tender) contract as well as the formal building contract appointment with you.
  • Home Decor Consultant: at your StudioM appointment you will select your colours and fixtures with one of our experienced home décor consultants to ensure your new home will achieve the look you want to achieve
  • Electrical Consultant: the next stage in your StudioM appointment will be working with your electrical consultant who will work through your light fittings, power points, multi-media and security options.


Your key contacts throughout the on-site process (when your home is being built) will be:

  • Site Manager: who will update you weekly on the progress of your home and assist in answering any questions you may have along the way
  • Building Support Coordinator: will work in conjunction with the site manager to answer any questions you may have throughout the build process.  

Why can’t construction of my new home begin as soon as my contract is signed?

Generally we are waiting on items such as your finance approval (which can take up to 30 days) and town planning (which in inner urban areas can take a few months to be finalised). Our aim is to get you into your home as soon as possible, so rest assured we are working hard to make this period of time as short as possible. If you have any queries during the process please feel free to call your Customer Support Coordinator. 

What is the administration journey?

The administration journey is another term for the pre-site phase. This phase is where all the administration of paperwork, contracts, variations, permits and approvals is achieved.

What is a building permit number?

A building permit number is the number allocated by the registered building surveyor that issues the permit. The number can be located within the building permit document.

What is an easement?

An easement is a section of land registered on your property title which gives someone the right to use that land for a specific purpose (such as council access to sewage and storm water pipes.) We cannot build any permanent structures on an easement. Your final slab design may also be affected by any easements on your property or your neighbour’s property.

Can I build a shed over an easement?

No. An easement must remain clear of any structures, including concrete. The easement area must be accessible (for example, in the event that pipes etc. need to be accessed by your local council.)

How long does my contract-signing appointment last?

This can vary, however generally you should allow 3-4 hours.

What is a variation?

Essentially, a variation is a request to change an item in your contract that has been agreed to by us in writing. Your contract will specify in detail how variations are to be dealt with.

Do you cater for religious beliefs?

We try to work with our customers’ religious traditions; however, it may vary on a case-by-case basis depending on what is required. 

Do you allow for swimming pools to be built under construction?

Swimming pools are usually built before we start on site or as soon as we excavate. We generally allow up to three weeks for you to install your pool which is a service you will need to source a third party for.

If you plan to build a pool after you move in, you will need to let us know the exact location so we can realign services and ensure the slab is designed accordingly. There may be additional charges to your slab design.

What does ‘in lieu of’ mean?

It means ‘instead of’. For example, ‘A butler's pantry in lieu of a walk in pantry.’

Can I leave my fence up during construction?

If your fence is within 150mm from where we will be building your garage then you can leave it up, but this means we will brick from the inside, which will not be a nice finish on that side of the garage. When the garage is situated on the boundary you must remove the fence prior to commencement of construction.

What is report and consent? (VIC only)

This means your home does not comply with council guidelines/regulations (RESCODE). If you believe you have a valid reason for not being able to comply, you may request dispensation by applying for ‘report and consent’. Your neighbours are also involved in this stage of the process. We can apply to the council on your behalf, or you may choose to do this yourself.

Do I require a capped cold water point?

Not normally, however, it all depends on your requirements. For example, if you are going to have a fridge with an ice-maker, then you will require a capped cold water point.

Where are manholes located?

Manholes are usually located in the higher space of the roof, but each house is different so you will need to refer to your chosen home design. If you require more information, speak to your sales consultant. 

Why do the names on the land title need to be the same ones as on the contract?

The law states that the people named on the land title must also be named in the building contract. There can be additional people on the building; however, at a minimum the same names on the land title must be on the building contract. We recommend you seek advice from your conveyancer/solicitor about your particular circumstances if this is an issue for you. 

Do you offer refrigerated cooling?

Yes, our electrical consultants can assist you with this request.

What is the difference between FC sheeting and brick in-fills?

FC sheeting is a cladding product that is standard on most of our homes above any openings. You are able to upgrade to brick in-fills in these areas if you desire.

What is double-glazing?

Double-glazing consists of two glass panels approximately 3-4mm thick with a 10mm gap between them. This is generally used for energy efficiency and noise reduction. This is a good option if you are building on a busy street, especially on the front windows. 

What are acoustic batts?

Acoustic batts are made up of sound-insulating material used for noise reduction and are usually used in theatre rooms.

Do you provide an antenna?

Antennas are available to you as an upgrade option.

What is exposed aggregate and do you use it?

Exposed aggregate is a method of finishing concrete which washes the cement/sand mixture of the top layer of the aggregate – usually gravel. We use exposed aggregate in driveways and external surfaces. 

What is a niche?

A niche is an alcove or indent in the wall. Niches are often used in hallways to present artwork or in a lounge area for the TV and built-in joinery.

What is PSI?

PSI stands for property services information that helps us to obtain the necessary information for your property to achieve an accurate cost estimate for construction works or site costs. Things we look for include subdivision details, title and covenant information, the likelihood of flooding, termites, sewer information and water runoff specifications. 

What age do you need to be to sign a building contract?

You need to be 18 years old or older to sign a building contract.

Why do you use waffle slabs?

Waffle slabs consist of a reinforced concrete slab poured with internal joists or ribs in two directions beneath it which gives the system has a ‘waffle-like’ pattern. We use waffle slabs because they are the most cost effective slab design for homes. These slabs sit on top of the ground and allow for minor movement of the ground under the slab due to climatic conditions.

What are the benefits of Hebel versus brick?

It depends largely on your personal preference as both materials have their benefits. Hebel is fast to construct, very easy to install, versatile and is available in blocks and panels of various sizes and widths. It is also fire resistant and has good acoustic qualities. Brick is sustainable, energy efficient, low maintenance and also very versatile.

What is the approximate size of the hot water systems available?

We offer solar powered hot water units that hold approximately 200 litres.

What is a bulkhead?

A bulkhead is a change of the ceiling heights. It’s a stylish feature in modern homes, especially in the kitchen to define it as a separate area from the living and dining spaces. 

When can I sign my contract?

Your customer support coordinator will contact you to make a time to sign your contract once you have completed the customisation phase. The appointment will generally take three to four hours of your time.

What are obscure glazed windows?

Obscure glazed windows are opaque windows you cannot see through. For example, in cases where you have overlooking neighbours you can use this type window to maintain your privacy yet they still allow light into the home.

What is the difference between a ‘site scrape’, ‘excavation’ and ‘cut and fill’?

A ‘site scrape’ is to simply remove the very top layer of the block to make it clean.
An ‘excavation’ is needed when the site is required to be at a certain level and usually consists of a cut and fill method.
A ‘cut and fill’ refers to the process of cutting into the hillside or slope of your site. The material removed from area is then used to ‘fill’ the site to achieve the desired level. 

What is a retaining wall and why do you need it?

A retaining wall can be made of different materials, such as sleepers, blocks or bricks, but it’s essentially a wall built to retain fill. A retaining wall ensures soil doesn’t move from the allocated area.

What is bored pier?

This is a method of reinforcement underneath your slab as part of engineering. The piers are concrete and usually placed under the slab until they reache the clay (hard soil). The slab is then placed on top.

What is screw pile?

A screw pile is another method of reinforcing your slab. It is usually used on sandy soils instead of the bored pier.

Do you build on stumps?

We can build on stumps; however, this would need to be assessed and may be costly. We would need to review your soil report to determine if your soil type is suitable.

What are occupational health & safety (OH&S) charges?

Every site will vary but scaffolding, termite protection and temporary fencing charges are all common.

What is traffic management?

Busy roads sometimes require traffic management in order to get trucks and cranes on and off site and to redirect traffic.

Why do I need temporary fencing?

Temporary fencing is required under council regulations and helps secure the site so that it complies with OH&S requirements.

Why do I need tiger tape on overhead power lines?

Tiger tailing (tape) is required when overhead power is present. It is an OH&S requirement and an important safety measure as it alerts our trades working on site to the presence of overhead power lines.

Why do I need underground power supply provision?

All of our homes need underground power. You can arrange this or we can do so on your behalf. 

Why do you need to provide temporary power poles?

To provide temporary power during construction while the underground power pit is yet to be connected.

Can I go out on site?

You are more than welcome to attend your site regularly; however, you will need to be accompanied by your site supervisor for safety reasons. 

What is ‘compaction’?

Compaction is the compacting of existing fill on your site and/or fill that we will place on site as a result of any cut and fill needed on your site.

What is an asbestos clearance certificate?

Every block after demolition has to have an asbestos clearance certificate prior to construction. This inspection must be taken by an A class licensed asbestos assessor, independent from the person or business responsible for the removal work. Following the inspection, the clearance certificate will be issued verifying that the site is free of asbestos. 

Why is there a join in stone bench-tops that are over three metres? (1)

The material used to make stone bench-tops only comes in three metre sheets. It is not possible to manufacture them any larger. Any bench that exceeds three metres in size will contain a join. 

What is a root barrier?

A root barrier is an engineer designed method to protect the house slab from roots of nearby trees.

What is a sewer tie?

A sewer tie is the connection point for the sewer drain.

What is fill?

Fill is the soil added after a site has been excavated to create a level building platform.

What is brick veneer?

Brick veneer is a brick wall with timber frame and plaster walls. This is the normal construction method.

What is hoarding?

Hoarding is a board fence that may be required for scaffolding which is dependent on the proximity of the new home to the boundary and neighbouring properties.

Does Metricon apply for my First Home Owner Grant?

Unfortunately, we are unable to apply for your First Home Owner Grant. Your bank will be able to assist with your application. 
Read our First Home Owner Grant fact sheet (PDF, 178kb)

Do you assist in finance?

Depending on the home you are looking to buy, we have a variety of finance partners who can assist you in organising your finance. Find out your finance options

What are ‘fixed site costs’ compared to ‘cost allowances’?

Fixed site costs are exactly that, meaning they cannot vary throughout construction. Cost allowances will be added to the variable site costs. For more information on what makes up these costs, watch our Site Costs video.

What does ‘subject to finance’ mean?

It means your contract is only valid if you obtain unconditional finance for the contract amount. It gives our customers the right to cancel their contract if their loan is declined.

What is a valuation?

If you are financing your purchase through a lender, the lender will conduct a valuation to estimate what the property is worth should it need to repossess and sell the property in distressed circumstances. 

What is a conveyancer?

Your property investment is possibly the most important investment you’ll ever make, so you must be confident in your ability to understand the legal conveyancing process. A conveyancer or legal practitioner is a professional who specialises in this area and can assist with buying, selling, transferring, refinancing, subdividing and other legal matters in relation to property transfers. All conveyancers must be licensed and hold professional indemnity insurance.

What is a guarantor?

To assist with making loans, a bank may insist the person taking out the loan has additional security. This additional security can sometimes be provided by a guarantor which is a person or entity that agrees to be responsible for the performance of a loan contract (for example, your parents.)

The guarantor will be required to form part of the loan contract with the mortgagee, and in some cases a mortgage will be lodged over the guarantor’s title(s) for other property. It is recommended that you discuss with your banker or mortgage broker to discuss whether a guarantor is required.

What should I expect as a standard response time to a query?

Our response time to a phone or web enquiry is at least 24 hours or one business day. 

What is the feedback procedure?

We'd love to hear your feedback! If you have any comments on your experience with us, please fill out the feedback form on our website. 

How do I maintain my home? ( e.g. floorboards, kitchen bench, laminate etc.)

Please refer to individual warranties and care instructions provided to you in your New Home Guide.

What are your office hours?

Our office hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Contact us.

What is Greenfields?

Think of ‘green fields.’ Greenfields is the name given to any land that has not previously been developed or built up. This is usually land that has been purchased with the intention of building homes, or essentially ‘new estates.’

What do I need to supply to the sales team?

Estate sales
For Estate sales, we require a copy of either a plan of subdivision or the contract of sale. 

Knock down new build (VIC, NSW, SA)
For knock down new build customers, we require a copy of the Title or Section 32 so we can review the exact address and land dimensions. We can also assist customers who may not have purchased the land yet. To obtain the Section 32, simply ask your real estate agent.

When can I get a price for my home?

We will complete an initial quote with all of your chosen items. Once your deposit is received, we can then order your soil and survey tests to obtain more accurate information about your block. You will then be invited to do your colour, electrical and tile consultation. Once everything has been chosen, we can then issue you with a final building contract that can be given to council to obtain your building permit.

What is a ‘demolition’?

A demolition is the removal of existing structures from your home site such as an established home, garden, sheds and pathways.

Who is responsible for the demolition?

The owner of the property is responsible for the demolition. A permit to demolish is required from your local council or shire and can be organised through your demolition contractor. This permit can be applied for before the building permit is issued, but we do not recommend proceeding with the demolition of your home until we have received approval for your building permit.

Will Metricon demolish my old home?

We don't provide demolition services but we do work closely with local demolition partners to ensure a quality level of service. We can recommend a reputable demotion specialist to remove your home. 

What are demolition costs and why may they vary?

The costs of demolition are dependent upon your property's variables such as proximity of neighbouring homes, established trees and location of electricity poles. 

What is abolishment of services?

All service connections to the property such as electricity, gas and telephone must be removed from the site by the associated authorities within 30 days of application for demolition. 

What is a soil test and feature survey?

Metricon will undertake a soil test and feature survey to help gauge the soil and design the right foundations. The feature survey is a scale drawing of your home site showing the fall of the land, service connection points, easements and any pre-existing features. Once the demolition is complete, a second soil test and feature survey will be performed to check the site conditions and to finalise the cost.

What is a re-establishment survey?

Metricon will arrange for a licensed surveyor to undertake a re-establishment survey to identify the right boundaries of your land prior to commencement of construction. 

What is double handling?

Double handling occurs when site access restrictions require delivered building materials to be handled more than once, such as the hand carting of materials around the site or manual site cleans.

Why would I need crane hire?

If your home is situated too close to neighbouring homes or land, a crane may be required to move building materials, work around trees on site, or if you are building a double-storey home.

What kind of traffic management will I need?

Depending on your location, traffic management may be required during certain stages of the construction. Traffic management includes traffic redirection and controlling traffic flow when necessary.

Why do I need asset protection?

As the owner, you will need to get an asset protection permit from your local council before commencing works. Asset protection provides you with cover for any damage done to council assets by your demolition or construction.

What is an underground power pit?

Safety necessities require the construction and use of underground power connections. When the power authority runs its main power connection underground it is called a power pit.

What are the major benefits of knocking down my house and rebuilding on the same site?

The benefits of a knock down rebuild project include:

  • Staying in the area you love living in. No disruption to schooling or family lifestyle
  • A knockdown rebuild project can actually cost less than extensive renovations and/or extensions. Why not get a new home for less than the cost of renovating your old one
  • Your new home is a capital investment in your property – this means you have added equity in your home – opening up a whole range of options for you
  • Savings on stamp duty, agent fees, renovating costs, moving costs and more
  • With property prices going up all the time, rebuilding may actually be more cost effective than buying a new property.

Why choose Metricon for my knock down rebuild?

We have the experience and expertise in knock down rebuild projects to make your journey easy and carefree. Our dedicated knock down rebuild team are extremely knowledgeable and know all there is to know about knocking down your old home and rebuilding a new one. We'll support you from start to finish. You're in good hands with Metricon!

How does Metricon help me knock down rebuild?

Our specialist knock down rebuild team are leaders in their field. We will assess your building requirements and will advise you as to which Metricon home design will work on your particular block. While we don't do demolition ourselves, we can recommend a reputable demolition specialist to work with you.

What are the major costs of a knock down rebuild?

Speak with a Metricon Knock Down Rebuild consultant to get an estimate for what the build costs might be for your project. These costs include site works, landscaping, town planning, demolition process and actual building costs. Contact a Metricon consultant today on 1300 METRICON. 

What information do you need from me?

To start the knock down rebuild process we suggest you do the following:

  • Provide us with an accurate and full copy of title to your land
  • Let us know of any preliminary ideas you may have on our home designs
  • Allocate some time to view our display homes
  • Visit StudioM – Metricon’s state-of-the-art selection centre to start choosing colours and surface finishes.

Where do I start?

Visit our display homes to start looking at floor plans and new home designs suitable for your knock down rebuild project.

What is ResCode?

ResCode refers to standards set for the construction of new dwellings, alterations and extensions to existing dwellings in Victoria only.

These ResCode standards include:

  • street setback
  • building height
  • site coverage
  • parking provision
  • side and rear setbacks
  • walls on boundaries
  • overshadowing and overlooking
  • private open space.

What types of dual occupancy / multi-unit developments does Metricon build?

Metricon is a specialist at building townhouses and duplex developments, focusing on two or more homes per site.

Are Metricon’s dual occupancy homes displayed and, if so, where can I see them?

We have displays open throughout the year showcasing our dual occupancy designs. Don’t hesitate to contact us and see what’s currently available to view.

Does Metricon handle the town planning application and approval process?

Yes. Our specialist dual occupancy team will work alongside our independent planning partners to help you through every stage of the planning process.

How can I tell if the property I own or am considering developing is suitable for dual occupancy dev

Why not get one of our specialist team to have a closer look? Our consultants will review the title documents, covenant, state and local council regulations and determine what viable solutions we can offer you.

How do I get started on my dual occ project?

Call 1300 METRICON and enquire how our specialist dual occupancy team can assist you.

Where would you
like to build?

This page is not in
your build region

Your build region:

Region of the page you are trying to visit:

What would you like to do?
  • Take me to this page

    My build region will be changed.

  • Don’t take me to this page

    My build region will not be changed.

Edit board

Add to My Lookbook

Add to My Lookbook

’ added to Lookbook ‘

Sign up for more Lookbook Features:

  • Lookbook boards are backed-up and accessible from any device.
  • Manage unlimited Lookbook boards.

Add to My Lookbook

Add to My Lookbook

’ added to Lookbook ‘

Go to lookbook

Added to favourites

’ has been favourited!

Sign up for more features:

  • Favourites are backed-up and accessible from any device.
  • Customise your favourite designs, including favourite Facades, Floor plans and more!
  • Unlimited favourites - unregistered users only get up to 4 favourites stored.


We’re sorry, ‘’ was not added to your favourites.

Added to favourites

’ has been favourited!

Customise Favourite Design:

Edit favourite

Customise ‘’ Favourite Design:

Due to an unscheduled outage tonight, our website will be unavailable for up to 15 minutes between 9pm and 12am.

If you experience an interruption, we thank you for your patience and encourage you to check back shortly.