The French Baroque home was characterised by an aspiration for greatness and splendour. Traditional features were massive staircases, columns, and pillars. Interiors were decorated with coloured marble, sculptures, stucco and carvings, and mirrors and paintings were used to visually expand the space. Walls usually hung with expensive fabrics and tapestries, and colours such as blues, greens, reds and gold were favourites for soft furnishings. Symmetry was used both internally and externally, which gave this home design a formal look.
Internal features of La Pyrenee
La Pyrenee is a fresh take on the French Baroque classic and provides a perfect blend of function and form, tradition and modernity.
- Sweeping spiral staircase with cast iron detail
- Enormous kitchen with marble bench tops and ample storage
- Kitchenette upstairs – great for entertaining and multi-generational living
- Grand Master suite with huge walk-in robe plus study area – akin to a hotel suite
- Four other spacious bedrooms – two with ensuites
- Gold and marble detail throughout the home